Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I am a cartoon

I am getting and feeling really huge. I know the books say that the third trimester is the time when the baby does most of the growing, but I didn't quite believe it until now.

My food aversions are starting up again. Nothing tastes right. Not even milk these days. Sigh. Oh well. I guess it's not about me. Despite the lack of appetite for food or drink, somehow, I keep putting on the pounds. It's quite incredible.

My energy level depends a lot on the baby's position. When baby is sideways, I feel pretty good and can walk forever. When the baby is in an up and down position, I get this pressure on my pelvis that hinders my walking and the only way to propel myself forward is to support my belly with one or both hands and waddle on.

I was getting dressed one morning last week and I had on my black maternity pants that reached just above my navel. I also had on a shirt that was not a maternity shirt so it covered up my chest but left the other half of my watermelon belly exposed. My husband said I had Homer Simpson's body. Between that and my Princess Fiona feet (I have a lot of swelling so my feet look like ogre feet), I really am turning into a cartoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home