Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Dreams

The anxiety dreams are starting.

I dreamt that I was just getting ready for bed after feeding the baby and the cats and as soon as I got under the covers, I realized: "OMG, I forgot to feed the dog!" It wouldn't have been so bad but in my dream it turned out I forgot to do so for two whole days!!

So then I had to rush downstairs to the basement where the dog was and sure enough, she is down to almost no water and completely without food. I felt terrible and I couldn't believe I had done that. And then I was rationalizing why I forgot to feed her -- it was because I was so busy, thinking about other things and because I haven't gone to the basement, and because the dog was quiet the entire time. It was just the worst feeling ever.

Just in case anyone thinks that I was especially cruel to my old beast (poor thing died March 26, 2004 from the big C), I should clarify that the whole time I had her, I think I forgot to feed her once and only once. And that wasn't even my fault! (I left a note for someone else to feed her because I had a meeting after work. Sure enough I got home late that night and found that the dog was salivating in front of me as I ate and I realized that someone did not read the note.) Sheesh. So there. That's the only time I neglected to feed her on time. Honest, I would neglect my own needs first before I neglect any of my pets!

Now I'm paranoid that once we have the baby I will forget to feed her/him or leave her/him propped up in a car seat on the roof of the car like a steaming cup of Starbucks coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home