Friday, January 26, 2007

"The Video"

Went to the first prenatal class last Tuesday. We'll be there every Tuesday night at Mt. Sinai for the next six weeks. Big class (about 12 or 13 couples), all having our first time babies, and surprisingly, I don't think I'm the oldest!

We had to wear nametags that say "Hello, my name is..." and we had to go around the room introducing ourselves, plus tell everyone our due date (April 10) and traits we want to pass on to the baby (mom's social skills and dad's math skills -- because the other way around will be really tragic!). Should be a fun class. There were at least two other couples expecting around our due date. I eyed them suspiciously and checked out the women's bellies to see if I can gauge how likely they are to deliver on due date. I can see they will be our main competition for the private rooms. Anyhoo, I guess we can't really plan around these things. I learnt that night that only 5% of women actually deliver on their due date. The range is two weeks before to one week after.

After the break (room full of pregnant women so lots of pee breaks worked in the session), they turned down the lights and showed us "THE VIDEO." Hmmm. That was interesting. Certainly motivated me to do my Kegels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home