Saturday, March 17, 2007

Wheels on the Bus ain't in my repertoire

Jon noted that we should purchase some baby music since he caught me singing what he considers to be inappropriate music for the boy. Apparently, singing Tom Waits' version of Waltzing Matilda does not pass the lullaby test. I kinda see what he means, but there's very few songs where I know the lyrics. Mind you, Dexter is not complaining. Or maybe he's just too wee to protest the music selection and/or the quality of my voice.

Also on the list of inappropriate content:

Beat on the Brat by the Ramones
Born to be Wild by Bruce Springsteen
the dentist song from Little Shop of Horrors musical
any Tom Waits song

But Jon is right. I don't know any baby songs beyond Twinkle, Twinkle and Baa Baa Black Sheep, the only songs I remember singing to my nieces and nephews when they were kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home