Monday, March 08, 2010

He is Three


At age three he is walking, talking, running, hopping, climbing, talking, reasoning, negotiating, eating everything, temper-tantruming, refusing kisses, sleeping in his own bed, watching television, doing pretend games, making up stories, and everything else. Did I mention he is also talking?

The basics


Height is now at 36 inches, or 1 inch below that darn IKEA ballroom height requirement.
30 pounds.
Hair is still curly.
Eyes still hazel.

I gave up trying to settle him for an afternoon nap. He's officially dropped that. He gets about 10 hours of sleep a night.

Physical Prowess

Dex is now a little boy doing little boy things. Pedalling a tricycle (although more work required on the steering)
He's hopping.
He likes balancing on narrow beams. He loves to walk the low bring divider between our yard and the neighbour's.
Rolling. He can now do a forward roll.
He loves walking.

Memorable Quotes

"Daddy ruined my fun." (Daddy was teaching him how to ride his tricycle.)

"If a store sells llamas, should it be called Llamarama?"

Interests

Trucks and machines are still right up there, but he is starting to show an interest in dinosaurs.

Jokes

He's finally appreciated this joke: "Why is six afraid of seven? Because seven ate nine!" It's actually quite a complex joke because in order for it to be funny, he has to be able to count, AND he has to understand homonyms. Yup. He gets it.

Final words

Sadly, as some of you have noticed, I am slowly winding down my posts on this blog. Since I started my business, I've become more google-able and this blog is starting to open up to people beyond my immediate family and friends.

When I started this blog, I really just wanted to make it easier to share news with friends and family. I knew it was on the world wide web, but without advertising and without promotion, I thought it could happily languish there for years.

But now, things have changed. As part of growing my business, I've been more active on the social media front and I'm now findable. I don't want every detail of Dexter's growing up years or his pictures for all the world to see.

I am looking at blurbing the contents of this blog as I find it is a nice little document of Dexter's early years. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home