Thursday, August 13, 2009

I did it already

I was making dinner for us while he watched yet-another-episode of Bob The Builder (AAAARRRGH, still can't get that song out of my head!!). After a few minutes, he joins me upstairs.

"Let's go downstairs to shut down the machine before we eat," I said and to my surprise he said: "I did it already."

"You did?" I didn't quite believe him so I insisted on going downstairs anyway.

Sure enough, he had removed the DVD from the player, put it away into its rightful case and stacked up that and his other DVDs neatly on top of the player!

I couldn't believe it! I told him I was proud of him for doing that and gave him a hug. In the meantime, he's probably thinking "I can do all sorts of things, you know -- If only you'd let me."

Note to self: must give the boy enough opportunities to surprise me. It's a great feeling for me and for him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

Do you think Obama took his "Yes we can" mantra from the Bob the Builder theme song?

9:35 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

"Yes, I do!" How fitting that the Republicans decided to counter with comments from Joe the Plumber.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home