Saturday, July 11, 2009

Banana muffins

This is my favourite banana bread recipe, except instead of baking it in a loaf pan, I pour it into mini-muffin tins so the cooking time is a lot less.

1/2 cup of butter
1/2 cup of brown sugar (I use less)
1/2 cup of granulated sugar (I use less)
2 eggs
2 cups flour
3 slightly brown bananas
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon milk

Cream together butter and sugars until smooth, then add the eggs. Mix well.
Add (alternately) the mashed bananas and flour.
Mix the baking soda and milk and add to mixture. Mix well
Spoon into muffin tin.
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
Or pour into a loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
Enjoy.

It's a very forgiving recipe and Dex and I love making it together, especially on rainy days like today when we're stuck indoors. Dexter's job is to mash up the bananas and to spoon it into the mixture. It's a bit messy when he helps but he loves it and I love watching him help. When we finally get it in the oven, he takes his little chair and puts it in front of the oven to watch it bake (better than television, I guess) while I clean up.

These muffins freeze really well, too, so we always have muffins in the freezer. Sometimes, I save a bit of the batter and mix in blueberries or chocolate chips with it. The chocolate chip version is reserved for Daddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home