Saturday, May 23, 2009

First crush

I was sitting there having dinner with my son and out of the blue he tells me: "I have a crush on Steph."

"What?!"

"I have a crush on Steph," he repeated again with a little smile on his face.

Steph is a beautiful 16-year old who has babysat Dex on a few occasions. We last saw her last weekend when Dex and I were strolling the neighbourhood and happened by their house when Steph's mom was weeding the garden. Dex and I offered to help and as we were pulling out weeds, Steph came out to say hi and helped Dex start a pile of weeds. Did I say she is awfully cute and sweet?

Anyway, I thought this was just the greatest thing so I immediately phoned Steph to let her know about it. Dex was thrilled to speak on the phone with her and he very quietly said "I have a crush on you."

When I told Jon, he also thought this was very cute, except he said "I'm not sure Dex knows what crush means." Apparently, one of the games that Steph and Dex plays is wrestling on the sofa. At one point, Dex thought it was the funniest thing to try and crush Steph between the couch and a pile of cushions.

This still counts as a first crush, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home