Friday, May 08, 2009

See you later, Mommy

Another milestone day.

"Byebye Mommy," he said with a big smile and a wave as I dropped him off at daycare.

Today is the first day he has ever said that to me. Usually, Dad is responsible for dropping him off and for months now, Dad has been reporting that he drops Dex off and the little guy dismisses him with a quick wave before running into the playground. This used to astound me because every time I drop Dex off, there is still some drama with the farewells. I usually have to coax him into the playground then wait until he's distracted before slipping off. There's been many a day when I've dropped him off and my last sight is of a wailing child being consoled by a teacher. Until today.

I checked the date. It's almost a year to the day when we first dropped him off to daycare. It took that long to get to this stage. Sniff sniff. Before long, he's no longer going to need his mommy. I need to adjust to this realization. Let me ponder this thought as we head into Mother's Day weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home