Saturday, October 04, 2008

Purple plums

Dexter's teacher said that the kids were given a choice of cookie or plums for Friday afternoon and all the kids just went crazy for the fruit. I mean, sure, they had some of that homemade cookie, but they just loved the plums. These kids are already making healthy choices at a young age. That's the kind of thing I like to hear and it reassures me once again that we made the right choice in daycare.

If a kid has to go to daycare, Dexter's daycare should be the standard for childcare in Canada and I can't believe it is not. Of course by standard, I mean the quality of care NOT the cost, because I realize the (unsubsidized) cost is prohibitive to most families. Correction then: high quality, affordable daycare should be the standard in Canada. And I really think a family should not have to wait a year to get into a good program.

You can probably tell that the childcare issue is top of mind for me these days. On October 14, election day, you can bet my voting decision will be based on the strength of the party's stand on childcare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home