Monday, August 11, 2008

Take a load off

Shorts. T-shirts. Pajamas. Bibs. Wash cloths. That's laundry for us these days. No, no, I don't mean that's what the laundry contains. I mean that's how I sort laundry these days -- by article of clothing rather than by colours. There is so much laundry!

Now that he is more active, I have to change his outfits several times a day. Second change is after breakfast (first outfit change is from pajamas to day clothes). The post-breakfast blueberry or cherry juice is simply impossible to dab out of that shirt. Between drool, food spillage and dirt, a steady change of outfit is required throughout the day. And let's not forget the towels. He needs one after bathtime, after the water park, after the playground.

It's funny how even our laundry needs have changed over time. Back in the old days, I used to wash blankets, onesies and sleepers daily to keep up with Dex's burping and spit ups. Now I hardly need to wash these types of items anymore. It's the activewear that need attention.

I must be procrastinating or something because I can't believe I'm blogging about laundry.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ohh, I didn't know you were blogging about Dexter until the third paragraph. Well, you do live with a programmer. ;)

11:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can change myself, ms. rose.

Of course I don't, but I can...

6:11 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Actually, it is precisely because I live with a programmer that should have been a clue that I was not talking about Jon. Change clothes several times a day? Wear pajamas -- at night even? Bathing? Why, that would mean some sort of awareness that there is such a thing as a social standard for an acceptable level of hygiene.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hygiene is something I say to your cousin...

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home