Thursday, August 14, 2008

Just say no

The word "no" seems to be here to stay. He's discovered the power of the word and he is using it indiscriminately. Even when he means yes. I think this makes him officially a toddler.

"Would you like more breakfast," I'd ask.

"NO," he'd say but open his mouth for another bite.

The other day, after dinner, he was playing with his blocks and I ever so gently suggested if, perhaps, my little darling Dex would like to go upstairs and get changed into his pajamas and get ready for bed.

"NO," he said emphatically, accompanied by a vigorous shake of the head and an equally emphatic sign for "no" -- I guess, just in case I didn't understand him or something -- as he kept stacking his blocks. He looked me straight in the eye, too, just to make sure that he got his message across.

I've already been told that the "No" stage is followed by the "Why?" stage so I am bracing myself for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home