Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Mommies do not get sick

I'm still trying to fight off this nasty bug that hit me late last week. I complained about my ache-y muscles last Friday, but I thought it was just because the little tyke's been clingy and needed to be held a lot. Well, if there was any doubt it was the flu, it was gone by Saturday, because I definitely felt awful and could barely make it out of bed. Fortified by my friend, Tylenol, I felt much better by Sunday, but this nasty thing came back with a vengeance on Monday.

Luckily, Dexter managed to evade the flu bug -- or so I gather, seeing as his energy level was not affected. He has a cold -- now on the mend -- but again, did I mention his activity level did not go down?

Jon stayed home with us on Tuesday which gave me a chance to crawl in bed for part of the day, but today it was back to work for him. Dex was stuck with his slow-moving, drippy-nosed, sick caregiver again.

While I'm fighting this off, I kept thinking, oh please, please, don't let Jon get sick. It's taking every ounce of my energy to take care of Dex now. If Jon goes down, I'll have to take care of him, too -- and that would surely finish me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home