Thursday, November 08, 2007

First cold

Not one of those milestones I necessarily want to commemorate, but I thought it was worth noting here. Poor Dex has had a drippy nose since Monday. He had a bit of a dry cough, too. I didn't sleep well that night. Can he breathe? Does he have a temperature? Is he in pain? These were the thoughts that went through my mind that night. The following day, we got him a humidifier and that seemed to help a bit. At least he wasn't coughing that horrible-sounding cough. I thought the drippy nose was just related to the teething thing, but since Jon and I now have it, I can absolutely guarantee that it wasn't.

The little trooper seems to be on the mend now. He's still a little cranky, but even at his crankiest day, he is an angel. We did have a few more rough nights where he'd wake up crying and he'd refuse to go back to his crib. He's been sleeping with us on the big bed every night, probably more for my sake than his.

**Update: Dexter officially beat his first cold after five days. What a trooper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home