Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My science project

Feeding time is going to get even more interesting.

Today, Dex gladly accepted some yummy orange organic sweet potato. He was a little surprised at the new taste sensation at first, but he kept sucking that spoon and kept asking for more until he finished the teeny ungenerous teaspoon of the stuff.

Officially, the first vegetable he tried was carrot. I whipped up a homemade version from the organic carrots I got from the farmer's market a couple of weeks ago. That experiment was not well received. I believe he said "bleaah." I'm not sure that counts as a first word, since I'm not sure that is actually a word (good word if it was one -- must consult the Scrabble dictionary later).

In any case, this morning's feed was considered a success, judging by the ratio of sweet potato ingested versus sweet potato on his bib and/or the walls.

Now, I wait with bated breath to see if the output portion of this experiment is equally interesting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's great that Dex loves sweet potatoes as much as I do. Lately I've been getting double servings of the soup made in the bistro downstairs in our building -- the first time was with spicy split pea sweet potato soup, and yesterday was curry sweet potato. You should've seen the look on my face as I exclaimed, "Look at the size of those yams!" yesterday while grocery shopping.

Tita Sydney, is there any particular reason why you're feeding him organic stuff, or is it just coincidence?

9:19 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

I'm feeding him organic stuff because it's more expensive. But seriously...it's just my feel good attempt at living well.

I would like to think that organic means less pesticides, which, ultimately means better for the environment and better for his health. However, someone did say to me that someone had done an analysis of the contents of baby food and the ones labeled organic have an equal amount of pesticide than the non-organic, cheaper versions. We'll see if I keep this up. I will probably end up making my own baby food.

Also, I have a great simple recipe for sweet potato soup if you want it. AND, I also have a great sweet potato and/or yam recipe for Thanksgiving (the secret ingredient is candied ginger!).

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home