Sunday, June 24, 2007

Four Months


The little guy is now four months old. Can you believe it! Here's a couple more photos. He's at least doubled his weight, but, as Jon says, it's like the Newfoundland economy -- it's easy to show progress when you start with a small number. Dexter gets his second set of shots on Tuesday so I'll be able to tell how much he weighs then.

We've been getting out a bit more that's why there's less updates from us. Honestly, I don't know where the time goes!

Let's see... Some news: Dex is more active now and he seems to need less sleep during the day. At night, he is also able to last a little longer so I only need to get up once during the middle of the night now. Hurray!

The only other new thing is that on Thursdays, we have the mommy and baby day at the community centre. This has given me opportunity to meet other moms with babies the same age. Despite the fact that I think Dex is growing well, it was a real shock to see him beside other babies. It's tough not to compare him to other full-term babies, but I really see how much bigger the others are. I'll try not to stress about that.

The good news is that Dexter is such a sweet-natured little baby. He's happy most of the time and he is quite delightful. Now I know why God made babies so cute: no matter how exhausted I am, one little smile from Dexter makes me melt and I forget the extent of my sleep deprivation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home