Thursday, April 26, 2007

My non-pregnant body

My boobs are huge. Exxxxcellent. Normally, my husband would be thrilled except he's going nowhere near second base any time soon.

I now have clearly identifiable legs and butt instead of just one big hock. Some cottage cheese effect remains on the thighs, but I'm hoping once I start walking/exercising, that this disappears.

My wrists and ankles are back.

I have a waist again.

My stomach is back to pre-pregnancy shape, except now I have a black line running down from my belly button.

I have bags under my eyes from lack of sleep.

My hair is falling out.

My skin went from absolutely luminous immediately post-birth, to its current dry state. I can't seem to add enough moisturizer to un-dry it.

My upper arms are getting a workout from lifting baby. I'm also getting dextrous, pardon the pun -- I can now do thing with one hand while the other is holding a squirming baby. These activities include fixing his bedding, folding and refolding blankets, putting on my breastfeeding pillow, getting Vitamin D drops ready, answering the phone, putting cat food in cat food dish, etc. etc.

I should get out of my bathrobe and get out more.

I should shower more often.

I miss my pregnant body. I miss my bump.

My boobs are huge.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Hey!

My wife has a huge boob, too!

Oh, you said "boobs"... as in plural...

Sorry!

John

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home