Friday, December 12, 2008

Broccoli milkshake

I made my goodnight pasta special tonight. This time around, I made it with the small round pasta, broccoli and some cut up leftover sesame-orange chicken from last night. Also, instead of stirring in the egg at the end of the cooking time, I just cracked one in the soup and poached it. I served it with the grated parmesan and Dexter just devoured it. He inhaled the first bowlful, but then he got a little distracted and started playing a bit, as he sometimes does.

For some reason, he thought it was a good idea to stir his milk with his spoon. There's only one problem: his spoon had gobs of mushy broccoli and pasta clinging to it. By the time I realized what he was up to, he had all sorts of broccoli and pasta at the bottom of his glass of milk. Actually, the resulting concoction was kinda neat -- it looked like green-ish bubble tea. And you know what, despite the ewww factor, he still drank it.

I had lunch with a girlfriend today and she was telling me about her son who does not eat fruits or vegetables. Not even irresistible fare like pears, grapes, or yams. Nope. Nothing like that. And that was what I was thinking about while I was watching Dex play with his food. I figured, if my son preferred to drink his broccoli in milk rather than in the soup today, who cares? He was still ingesting it. Why let my sense of taste ruin his love for the food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home