Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Staging

Another one to file under quirky things my husband does. According to Jon, there is is this sweet spot on the kitchen counter. It's by the sink, at the lower right hand edge. I did not know about this special spot.

I think the first time I discovered a knife with a smear of peanut butter resting on that spot, I just automatically gave it a good rinse before putting it in the dishwasher. But then, it kept happening. Sometimes it's a water glass, sometimes a teaspoon, but often it is a butter knife, obviously used but just resting there at the edge, the blade part hanging over the sink, and the handle resting on the counter.

I seethed silently over this for a while, then one day, I snapped. Waving a knife caked with cream cheese, I screeched: "Honey, dirty dishes and flatware go in the dishwasher. Clean ones get put away or can drain on the drying rack!"

Given his reaction, I might as well have taken that knife and plunged it into his kidney. He was so hurt. "But, that's staging," he said, referring to that sweet spot.

Well, I have news for you, pal. There is no staging. It is binary: Clean. Not clean. Nothing in between!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home