Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Poop, poop, poop

A red letter day! When I picked up Dex from daycare, he had something very interesting to announce -- "pooped in toilet," he said. I exclaimed in delight. We then did the high five-down below-fist bump celebratory hand ritual, shook the tambourines (it was percussion hour at the daycare), and jumped up and down in joy. Judging by his big smile, he was awfully proud of himself, too, and appreciated the praise. Time to buy some big boy underwear for my son!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Grace,

I can tell you I learned an important lesson on toilet training and two year olds. Apparently, this is a piece of pride at that age. While at a friend's house, their little girl announced something... unfortunately I thought she said she had wet herself... and asked... this is not something to say to a two year old. As a non-parent I guess I have lots to learn - personally I would laugh if someone asked if I pee'd my pants.

Ryan M

3:46 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

You're off the hook. You and Jenn are not babysitting my kid during this critical toilet-training period.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home