Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The "T" word

When did he turn into a toddler?

The "T" word is cropping up surprisingly often -- he's eating cereal especially formulated for toddler's needs, he's wearing clothes for toddlers, the What To Expect Book now refers to the baby at month 12 as a toddler, etc. etc. How did this happen? Where did the time go?

Looking back, this time last year, I was still sporting a nice belly bump and complaining about my swelling ankles. Fast forward almost a year and here we are with Dex crawling on the floor, cruising around on the furniture, and scattering cats, toys, pot lids and other debris along the way.

One constant: I'm still exhausted and sleep-deprived, but having a great time. He is an adorable baby and I'm enjoying every fleeting minute.

I thought as he got more independent, I would have more time, but it turns out the reverse is true. Now that he is on the move, I'm on the move. Speaking of moving...well, gotta go. Must grab something to eat just in case the little toddler wakes up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home