Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tough love

I can't believe that Jon decided to let Dex cry it out in his own crib. I mean, we had talked about transitioning him to his crib from our bed, but Jon did not give me any warning that he was going to do this tonight. Sure, Dex has been sleeping in bed with us since we got back from holidays, and I know that Jon has not been sleeping well as a result. But when I got sick and Dex got sick it was just so much easier to be sick in bed together.

It was painful listening to my little boy cry. It would have been better if I was actually away from the house before he did this, but I guess Jon did not think that far ahead. To be fair, Jon did a great job settling him down and there was really less than half an hour of intense crying. I've listened to Dex cry for a lot longer.

So, Dex is now sleeping peacefully in his own crib in his own room, and here I am wondering what to do next. Why am I left with this feeling of resentment then? Is it possible that it was me, not Dex, who was not ready to move on?

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Just wait! When he sleeps through the night, and YOU sleep through the night, and you finally start to reduce the "fatigue factor" and function like a real human being again... it will all be worth it!

John "Been there, done that"

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home