Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Still teething

Who knew that teething was a process and not an event? Dexter has been drooling a lot (a sure sign of teething) since he was four months old and today, on his seventh month, there is still no tooth. The arrival seems imminent; I can see the spot on his gums where I suspect the first tooth will emerge. Everyday, as I help Dex through another painful day ("Here honey, bite on this soother, or this little rag, or this soft toy..."), I keep hoping that the tooth will finally push through, but nothing yet. Luckily, the pain seems to come and go, with some days better than others.

A friend of ours got him a shirt with the saying "I'm not going to remember any of this." It's a good thing, too, since I'd hate for him to remember the pain. It breaks my heart to watch him cry when I can't do anything about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home