Saturday, July 21, 2007

We're at the bridge

When we were in Alberta, we stayed with Lolo and Lola (grandpa and grandma). Lola made sure that we were comfortable. She organized the rental of baby things like a stroller and a car seat, however, the one thing she was not able to borrow was a bassinet.

So, for the first time, Dexter co-slept with Mommy and Daddy on the big bed. He must have really enjoyed it. I can tell because he gained a lot of weight from the free-feeding and from the extended sleep. He slept on and off for about 12 hours overnight since he can just help himself to his convenient food source.

I enjoyed it too. Since I did not have to get up to nurse the boy in the middle of the night, I also got more sleep. BUT, at the back of my mind, I kept thinking," how are we going to switch him to sleeping on his own crib when we get back home?" I brushed aside that nagging question, enjoyed my sleep, and said to myself, "I'll cross that bridge when we get there." We'll we're there and I'm having a tough time extricating myself from the baby. He likes sleeping with us. This transition to crib would probably also be much easier if Dex wasn't teething. He seems very irritable these days and a little on the clingy side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home